6 Reasons Why Parenting Today is so Divisive
Parenting has got to be one of the most controversial subjects on the planet, regardless of your age, station in life, in your child-rearing years, or past them. The reasons are many and varied:
- When we are talking about our own kids, we are talking about things all the way down to our very core…even our own DNA
- It reminds us about our own parents and how they fared in the parenting department
- Is there anyone else on the planet (even your own spouse) who you have given permission to critique or comment on your own parenting methods and style?
- People’s experiences and successes with parenting vary wildly, from storybook tales to outright nightmares.
- Modern family life has many other confusing factors thrown in on top of the heap like
- Even in Christian circles, raising “good” kids can be seen as a competition between uppy parents.
a. Were your parents any good at parenting you?
b. Were both of your parents even present in your life?
c. No doubt there are deep-seated memories and feelings, good and bad.
a. drugs and alcohol abuse
b. dysfunctional family life
c. blended families
d. limited extended family, with large geographical distances more often than not the norm
e. Far many more poor role models than good ones
Unfortunately, the solid time-proven guidelines for raising healthy and prosperous kids have been all but swept out of sight in modern society. One of the major purposes for this website is to help change this situation by giving parents (young and old) sound advice and guidance based upon timeless principles rather than the latest fads or gimics.